past honorees of the top 50 in digital health
Dr. Piraye Yurttas Beim, Celmatix
Dr. Piraye Yurttas Beim, the founder and CEO of Celmatix, is leading the charge in personalizing reproductive medicine and advancing women’s health. Through big data analytics and genomics, Celmatix empowers women with insights about their fertility and reproductive health.
John Carreyrou is a two-time Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative journalist with The Wall Street Journal. Based in New York, he covers health care, science, and finance. His series of investigative stories on Theranos exposed serious issues and possible malpractices within the organization.
Dr. Raegan McDonald-Mosley, Planned Parenthood
Dr. McDonald-Mosley is the Chief Medical Officer at Planned Parenthood, which is revolutionizing the way people engage in their reproductive health by making care and education more accessible through technology on a variety of platforms. Recent innovations to reach all patients in need include the Chat/Text digital education program, SpotOn application, and care via telemedicine.
Brian Ahier is a nationally known expert on health information technology with a focus on health data exchange and population health management. He works for Aetna as the Director of Standards and Government Affairs at Medicity and is an influential voice in digital health with 39,000 followers.
Dr. Karen DeSalvo, HHS
Dr. Karen DeSalvo is a physician who has served as a leader in improving access to affordable, high quality care by pushing for advanced health technology policy and data tools. As a prominent voice for the patient, she champions innovation through technology that benefits the direct consumer.
Dan Burton, Health Catalyst
Dan Burton has been at the helm of healthcare data warehousing, analytics and outcomes-improvement company Health Catalyst since 2012, and was the company’s first investor. For Dan, who has a 99% approval rating on Glassdoor, Health Catalyst’s culture is critical in accomplishing its mission to fundamentally transform healthcare.
Marc Benioff’s 2016 angel investments include Remedy (Seed 9/16), Bloomlife (Seed 8/16) and Zebra Medical Vision (Series A 5/16 and Seed 4/15). Marc was also an early angel investor in ZocDoc, FitBit and Cue. In addition to quietly building a premier digital health angel portfolio, Marc has made generous philanthropic investments in healthcare innovation.
EverlyWell is transforming the consumer lab testing experience by enabling people to have access to their own personalized health and wellness information. At-home health tests are available to order with comprehensive results viewable online—a convenient alternative to traditional diagnostic tests.
Validic’s platform delivers easy access to actionable clinical and wellness data. Over the last year, Validic has fueled the largest digital health ecosystem in the industry, serving a client population reach of 223 million in 52 countries and has integrated 68 percent more devices and applications.
Grand Rounds provides a solution that gives employees and their families the information they need to make life’s most critical choices—whether and where to receive medical treatment. Grand Rounds supports happy and healthy team members through free-flowing communication and comprehensive benefits including unlimited use of the platform.
- David Ebersman, Lyra Health - Disruptive Founder of the Year
- Christina Farr - Reporter of the Year
- Dr. Leslie Saxon - Most Tech-Friendly Doc
- Daniel Kraft - Biggest Digital Health Evangelist
- Susannah Fox - Biggest DC Champion
- Owen Tripp, Grand Rounds - Most Beloved CEO
- John Noonan - Angel of the Year
- Amino - Best New Startup
- Doctor On Demand - Fastest Growing Company
- Color Genomics - Inventor/Invention of the Year
- Mango Health - Diversity Leadership Award
- GE Ventures - Most Prolific Corporate VC
- Venrock - Most Prolific VC
- Fitbit - Best Performing IPO
- Health Catalyst - Best Digital Health Company to Work For
- Elizabeth Holmes, Theranos - Disruptive Founder of the Year
- Sarah Kliff, Vox - Reporter of the Year
- Frank Williams, Evolent Health - Most Beloved CEO
- Sami Inkinen - Angel of the Year
- Zenefits - Fastest Growing Company
- Babak Parviz, Glucose Contact Lens - Inventor/Invention of the Year
- Castlight Health - Diversity Leadership Award
- Qualcomm Life - Most Prolific Corporate VC
- KPCB Partner Beth Seidenberg - Most Prolific VC
- Empatica - Crowdfunding Hero
- Scanadu - Crowdfunding Hero
- Qualcomm Life - Most Prolific Corporate VC
- Social+Capital Partnership - Most Prolific VC
- Esther Dyson - Angel of the Year
- Evolent Health - Fastest Growing Company (Enterprise)
- Misfit - Fastest Growing Company (Consumer)